Apostille and legalization

What is apostille or legalization procedure? Why do I need it?

When you’re going to present your official documents worldwide, you should make sure that they are properly performed. If you intend to get residence or study abroad, marry or divorce, start some business and so on, it’s obligatory to provide a list of official documents to authorities of the country of your destination. Such documents must bear a special stamp called «apostille» or «legalization» depending on a country. This special stamp just confirms that the document is official and recognized by an issuing country. For Hague Convention states you’ll need apostille stamp procedure and for other countries legalization stamp procedure is required.

What states are among Hague Convention parties?

They are: Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cape Verde, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Chile, Kingdom of Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Kingdom of the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue, Norway, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela.  

What countries need legalization?

All other countries, not being Hague Convention parties states, require legalization procedure. The most requested are Canada, China, Vietnam, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Tunisia, etc.

What documents are normally apostilled/legalized?

The must have documents to apostille/legalize are police clearance certificates, medical records and certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, diplomas, articles of incorporation (charters), certificates of incorporation, etc.

How long does it take?

Depending on an issuing country and document it can take from 1 to 20 business days.

How can I get my document apostilled or legalized?

You should present your documents personally or by proxy. However, if you’re going to use these documents abroad, you’d better empower some local professionals to do it properly. It can be some expert legal or translation company.           

Where can I see samples of legalization and apostille stamps?

You’re welcome to visit our official Facebook page — facebook.com/accordointl    


apostille Ukraine — apostilă Moldova — апостиль Қазақстан — апостиль Россия — апостиль Беларусь — apostille Polska — apostilă România — apostilla España — apostille Italia — apostille UK — apostille France — Apostille Deutschland — apostille Slovensko — apostille USA — apostille Australia — apostille South Africa — אפוסטיל ישראל — apostille New Zealand — アポスティーユ日本 — 아 포스 티유 한국 — apostilla Argentina — apostilla México — Apostille ประเทศไทย — apostil Türkiye — apostila Portugal — legalization Canada — legalização Brasil — 中國合法化 — تقنين مصر — hợp pháp hoá của Việt Nam — تقنين الإمارات العربية المتحدة